The Professional Development Committee brings together College Admission and High School Counselors from across the State of Indiana. The committee offers support and professional development for members in the following areas:
- Monthly Webinars
- Summer Institute:
WHEN: July 16-17, 2020 WHERE: Ball State University
WHERE: Ball State University
WHAT: This is an annual event with several interactive sessions facilitated by knowledgeable and experienced professionals for Admission Representatives and High School Counselors new to the field.
- Introduce you to the profession of College Admission Counseling
- Familiarize you with topics involving Financial aid, ethics in admission and travel planning
- Present real world admission situations in the high school and college fair settings
- Explain the roles that INACAC and NACAC play in college admission
- Introduce territorial management skills
- Provide networking opportunities
These are a single-day event that provide high school counselors with updated information from various institutions and agencies. The day includes a wide variety of sessions, lunch, and a Counselor College Fair. The goal is to host a professional learning one-stop-shop, similar to what happens during an INACAC Conference. This event costs $10 for high school counselors and offers PGP points. Below are the dates and host sites for these events in fall 2020.
- August 27, 2020: IUPUI
- August 31, 2020: IU Purdue Fort Wayne
- September 1, 2020: Valparaiso University
- September 3, 2020: IUPUC (Columbus)
- September 4, 2020: U of Evansville
INACAC partners with IL ACAC to offer members an opportunity to attend Middle Management Institute hosted in IL. Participants will be exposed to enrollment management strategies as well as have the opportunity to meet a variety of admission professionals in management roles. Sessions will include a leadership style assessment, better understanding self-awareness, and strategies on “managing up,” just to name a few. The curriculum for this program is based on NACAC’s Admissions Middle Management Institute and is designed for professionals who aspire to or who have been recently promoted to middle management.
Questions about or interest in joining the Professional Development Committee:
Email Nicole Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kelly Meyer at Km502@evansville.edu
CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE PDF