GOALS OF THIS CONFERENCE:
* To continue the urgent conversations regarding homeless youth in Indiana and the steps taken to get them from high school to college, and the barriers they face.
* To share systems that are in place for high schools, colleges/universities, and community-based organizations to assist with best practices and policies to help this population succeed.
JOIN US IN THIS IMPORTANT CONVERSATION!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:* Mid - high level Admissions Reps
* Mid - high level Financial Aid Reps* Mid - high level Student Service Reps* High School Social Workers* High School Counselors* Community-based Organizations* Faith-based Organizations
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE INFORMATION REGARDING:
* Definitions and Rights
* Current legislation on homeless youth and education
* IDOE State of the State on Homeless Youth
* What two universities are doing to assist homeless youth
* Hear from a current sophomore student who experienced homelessness in high school and overcame those barriers.
Light Breakfast and Lunch to be provided.
Registration check-in and light breakfast begin at 8:00. Conference begins at 9:00.
Registration fee includes parking in the Vermont Parking Garage.
REGISTER EARLY! LIMIT: 350
IACAC is a chartered affiliate of the National Association for College Admission Counseling
Indiana Association for College Admission Counseling6770 Spirit Lake Drive #101 Indianapolis, IN 46220 317.476.4000IACAC is a 501 (c)(3) organization.